Comm / Collaboration / DAO tools

Has anyone spent time on surveying/testing out various tools that may be beneficial to DAO? Please just take 1 min for a look at this.

If not, perhaps small group of us can start test drive in the next 1-2 months:

• Voting / Governance: Snapshot or Tally (which one can work with a COSMOS wallet?)
  • Discussion: Forum(now) + Telegram, Discord or Slack
  • Onboarding members: Spreadsheet(now?) + AirTable
  • Treasury: Utopia, Juicebox…

I use telegram daily as a tool for my day job. Open to start a group there and periodically moderate.

Slack: if Marketing already has an obada.slack.com setup, wonder if we can simply join them and create permissions to join different channels from which different steering committees can work? Although a bit more intensive app, it is easier than Telegram to organize topics and share docs.

AirTable has a very friendly database/spreadsheet UI. What info do we collect of the DAO members? and how do we store them? (re: privacy/security)

Hi Vincent,

I thought I’d already replied to this but I don’t see it. Anyways, I just noticed the link to the DAO Tooling article (https://www.theventure.city/blog/the-building-blocks-of-a-dao). Thanks, very informative.

Here are some other responses:

Voting/governance: we are still working towards holding our first real DAO vote that isn’t conducted by the Foundation). And even then the initially plan is to keep it offline. With a 100 person DAO we can probably vote offline like a traditional organization for a long time, if not forever. But when the time comes to go on-chain we’ve already installed some software for Cosmos called Big Dipper that does this. You can see an example of it working here: https://bigdipper.live/cosmos/proposals

Discussion/Forum: first we really all just need to start using the Forum. But Telegram or Slack would be fine for “internal” communication, but any discussions that lead to vote need to be 100% transparent and not behind a paywall or other human controlled “gate”, as any limitation on the ability of the community to access information could lead to (or be perceived as leading to) a small central group being "in the know” - which would jeapordize our legal status (in the opinion of the SEC) as a sufficiently decentralized organization.

Onboarding: I believe Mark is using a shared Google spreadsheet - anyone in the BOD or DAO requests can be given access. But I agree AirTable would be great in the future provided someone wanted to set it up.

Treasury: We are still completely off-chain dealing in fiat. But yes once the system is in production the DAO will need some transparent on-chain tools for managing it.

Best,
Rohi

| vlui
December 1 |

• | - |

Has anyone spent time on surveying/testing out various tools that may be beneficial to DAO? Please just take 1 min for a look at this.

If not, perhaps small group of us can start test drive in the next 1-2 months:

• Voting / Governance: Snapshot or Tally (which one can work with a COSMOS wallet?)
  • Discussion: Forum(now) + Telegram, Discord or Slack
  • Onboarding members: Spreadsheet(now?) + AirTable
  • Treasury: Utopia, Juicebox…

I use telegram daily as a tool for my day job. Open to start a group there and periodically moderate.

Slack: if Marketing already has an obada.slack.com setup, wonder if we can simply join them and create permissions to join different channels from which different steering committees can work? Although a bit more intensive app, it is easier than Telegram to organize topics and share docs.

AirTable has a very friendly database/spreadsheet UI. What info do we collect of the DAO members? and how do we store them? (re: privacy/security)